Friday, October 4, 2013

New York City Part 1

A couple of weeks ago I went to NYC for my very first time ever! To say I had a love affair with this city would be an understatement. I completely fell in love with NYC and am already planning a trip back for next year. Claire, Katie, and I went with Claire's Dad to celebrate his 60th birthday! We had a blast. We were up at 7 AM every day and not home until 1 AM every night. We jam packed our days to see as much of the city as we could in 5 days.
When we arrived Thursday we could not get to our hotel fast enough to drop our luggage. We decided from being on a plane all day we would go to a yummy pizza place for dinner. We didn't even get ready that night. Thursday night we ended up going to John's Pizzeria and went to the Empire State Building. So so cool at night to see everything lit up.
Friday we were up bright and early and off to go see the Good Morning America taping and the Today show. We walked through the Diamond District this day as well. We had been told by many people to see a lot of the city do a bus tour. I was a little hesitant at first but this was by far the best $50 I spent. We got an entire tour of Manhattan. I saw so much of the city that I never would have in the time I was there. We hopped off at Central Park, and walked around the park for a bit. We decided to go to the Plaza Hotel for an afternoon snack. There food court was amazing. This was no ordinary food court it was a very Glamorous one. Every thing you could think of they had.  On our way back to the hotel we stopped for a 5 o'clock cocktail at Rockefeller center. Friday was Gary's 60th Birthday so we got tickets to see Jersey Boys on Broadway. OMG amazing. My first show on Broadway did not disappoint. Because NYC never sleeps we went to dinner after the show at Blue Ribbon Sushi. Boy was this a popping place. It was delish. We decided to call it a night after dinner around 1 AM.






















Such a fun start to our trip and this was just the beginning!!!



1 comment:

  1. Your pics are FANTASTIC!!! So jealous of your trip! I can't wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete