Wednesday, June 13, 2012

25 Years Old

About a month ago I turned 25! Eekk!! How time flies!
Justin got me the most amazing birthday present ever! He built me a raised vegetable bed, filled it with a mixture of soils, and let me pick all the veggies I wanted to plant in it! This is our first try at veggies but I think it's safe to say there doing pretty good!
We started with almost all small plants and a couple seeds, here is what it looked like day 1.
Here is what it looks like today about 5 ish weeks later. We also added a trellis on the back for the tomatoes and vines.
It's huge from day 1
I love anything spicy and hot so there a about 5 different kinds of peppers in here
A Mexi-bell pepper
The start of a green bell pepper
See those little tomatoes starting to grow!
Basil

We planted 3 types of tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, basil, oregano, bell peppers, jalapenos, mexi-bell peppers, red chile's, cilantro, and rosemary. I can't wait until we are eating veggies out of our garden! I have to say it's one of the best birthday presents ever!!!

3 comments:

  1. So nice! I would love to have all that basil in my backyard! (Doesn't grow so great here in MN ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome birthday gift! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete