Tuesday, March 13, 2012

We're back!!

We are back from our road trip but Vacay isn't over yet!! We had all day today to do nothing!! Loved every single minute of it.

Our road trip started last Wednesday, we left at 6:30 PM and Justin drove us to Elko, Nevada arriving at 2AM. Almost halfway point but not a cute little town :(, at least we weren't there long!! BUT they had $1 Blackjack tables, have you ever heard of such a thing?? I hadn't!!

Thursday we continued our journey, we stopped in Jackpot, Nevada to do a little gambling at Cactus Pete's, the tables weren't that nice but we had fun nonetheless!! We continued driving and decided to stay in West Yellowstone that night and I am oh so glad we did! It was just what I wanted a cute little town to stay in. This was the first area that we really saw a lot of snow. It was so funny as we were driving in we noticed a bar on the left hand side that was open, instead of cars being parked outside it was all snowmobiles! We got a kick out of that. This town was basically a ghost town and most places close up for winter but it was adorable! I told Justin it would be so so fun to come visit here in the Summer we were told it is crazay busy during that time. In the morning we ate breakfast at the most adorable little place it was half restaurant half ski shop. They had homemade breakfast burritos which were to die for.
Friday we continued driving we only had about two hours until Bozeman, Montana our final destination so we took our time. We stopped at Big Sky Resort along the way to grab coffee's and watch some skiers. It's one of the most beautiful resorts I had ever been to, I felt like we were on a small compound. The houses driving up to the mountains were unbelievable. We got some cute pictures here and I am so so happy we stopped.
We finally arrived in Bozeman, Montana around 2PM on Friday afternoon! We first went to the downtown to have some lunch! I had me some fried green tomatoes. I have never had them before but oh my lawdy they were delicious, I may or may not have ordered them again later that night at another restaurant.
I want some again just looking at this photo!!
We checked into our hotel and went downstairs to enjoy a nice glass of wine. After all that driving we definitely deserved a glass or two!!
After getting ready we headed to downtown Bozeman for a Friday night out. We were in a college town and little did we know they had just started Spring Break so it was very busy down there!
We went to the most adorable wine bar. Justin may or may not have loved their martini's and ordered maybe 4 or 5 I cant remember.
His last one!!
Love this guy!
We enjoyed our night out together, maybe even a little too much.
At least we had Saturday to recover in a nice hotel before the wedding Saturday night!
The wedding was Saturday night at the Livingston Depot in Livingston, Montana. It was an old train station and was just perfect for the wedding. I don't have many pictures but here ya go!!
She was stunning!!
The groom and his adorable daughter Maya
I hate hate this picture but it's the only one I have of the two of us :(
If you know me you know I LOVE the photo booth. I most definitely went in there twice!!
This was the view outside of the Depot, absolutely gorgeous!
I stole this from FB how adorable is this!!

We woke up Sunday morning and headed out for our long drive home. Here are some pics!


We drove all the way to Reno, Nevada and stayed at the Peppermill. It was sad to get home Monday but I was so excited to see my furbabies!! By Monday night all was unpacked and the car had been to the car wash. I would say we were so so lucky not to hit any bad weather too!!
Congrats to Mandy and Mike!! So happy we could be there to see your big day!!
And folks that was our road trip!!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. You have LOTS of pictures!! Love that! Love the ones of you guys in the Wine Bar, super cute!! Glad you are home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I love all your pictures. The snow is beautiful and I loooove your pink jacket thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Road trips are the best! Glad it was a good time.

    ReplyDelete